Wellness in Trentino begins at the table. This is the philosophy shared by all the staff at the Active Hotel Olympic, the Val di Fassa hotel full of surprises. We live up to this by organising “Taste Experiences” throughout the year – special gourmet events to guide our guests in their discovery of Trentino flavours and healthy eating that doesn’t sacrifice taste.
Do you enjoy experimenting with new flavours and cuisines? Are you keen to open your mind and broaden your knowledge? Take a look at our events: throughout the year, we accompany you on a journey of fine food and wine where you’ll meet the people who put their daily efforts into the land, its fields and meadows, with passion and love.
Together we will take part in authentic “Taste experiences” and share in the joy of learning wholesome cooking – take the recipes back home with you and make them part of your daily life…
All the nuances of extra virgin olive oil
Guided tasting sessions of the finest olive oil in the Triveneto region, in association with the Associazione Interregionale Produttori Olivicoli
Extra virgin olive oil is found on every Italian dining table, enhancing all our meals. However, we often end up using the same oil out of habit and convenience, depriving ourselves of different varieties and flavours. Spend a relaxing evening being guided through the various types of oil and the flavours the best complement. Then it's time to put our acquired knowledge to the test, with an evening meal specially created by our own Chef, Paolo, using different combinations of oil and wine...
Guided tasting sessions of wines from the top producers in the Triveneto region, in association with the Associazione Interregionale Produttori Olivicoli (Interregional Association of Olive Growers). An evening dedicated to the art of olive growing - a special appointment with the top Italian producers, in association with AIPO and Debora Graziani.
Dinner with the artist
Opportunities throughout the year to dine with local contemporary artists - to chat, exchange views and savour our Chefs’ gourmet masterpieces
The most recent “Dinner with the artist” event included a guided tour of the Willy Verginer art exhibition in the hotel, followed by an evening meal created by our Chef, an inspirational transformation of the works of art into imaginative dishes using local ingredients, and “Wine & Art”.
Wine & Food: dinner with the wine producers
The history of wine-making, how grapes are grown and how the wine is made, in the words of the wine-growers of Trentino Alto Adige...
Throughout the year, we organise gourmet dinners that present our local Val di Fassa produce in exciting new creative ways and showcase the best Trentino-Alto Adige wines. Your table guests for the evening are the wine-growers who every day dedicate themselves to their vineyards and strive to ensure the finished product is like no other. Wine is a passion, and they will share that passion with you.
Some of the wine-makers we have had the honour and pleasure of hosting include: Pedrotti, Abate Nero Trento DOC, and Cesconi
Gala Dinners and Grand Gourmet events
New Year's Eve, Christmas Day and Christmas Eve dinners, Mid-August Holiday and Easter Sunday Gala Dinners
We celebrate those special days of the year with Gala Dinners and Grand Gourmet events: New Year's Eve, Christmas Day and Christmas Eve dinners, Mid-August Holiday and Easter Sunday Gala Dinners.
Expect some wonderful surprises with your meal and some very special entertainment...
Natural Chic Picnics
Picnics are all the rage at the Active Hotel Olympic. Work up an appetite for your picnic in the great outdoors with a woodland walk followed by some natural spring hydrotherapy
Picnics are all the rage at the Active Hotel Olympic. Work up an appetite for your picnic in the great outdoors with a woodland walk followed by some natural spring hydrotherapy. Itinerary:
• 9 am: Paolo, our enthusiastic Nordic walking instructor will take you on a gentle scenic walk through the woods and flowering meadows of the Val di Fassa. He will lead you along a secret trail and tell you stories of how the farmers used to live during the summer, in their mountain chalets sleeping on hay. Pick a few blueberries when they are in season, while Paolo tells you about the properties of juniper berries, devil's claw, and black vanilla orchids with their aroma of chocolate and vanilla. He will show you the tracks left by cows as they wander through the meadows, and you may even see them grazing. The milk of these same cows will be used to produce Val di Fassa’s famous cheeses: Chèr de Fascia and Puzzone.
• Followed by: after the walk, we invite you to enjoy some natural hydrotherapy in a spring. Walking barefoot in the water will remind you how it feels to be at one with nature. The cold water stimulates the circulation, relieves tiredness, reduces swelling, and relaxes you: get the most from the therapy under the guidance of a wellness expert and Dr Kneipp’s precious advice.
• From 1pm: enjoy a delicious picnic amidst wondrous scenery, close to the Bait de l'Opa - Grandad's mountain chalet. Your picnic will be made from tasty, natural Trentino produce, such as cheese, speck, apples, home-made cakes, mountain yogurt and forest berries. These local food are both delicious and healthy! Savour the pleasures of the great outdoors, the scents and the silence of the mountains... At any time of year, enjoy a picnic of Chèr de Fascia and Puzzone di Moena cheeses. In association with the Trentino Cheese Road, who have even given it a special name: cheese-nic!
Soften the lighting: a holiday by candlelight
Return to times gone by and a slower, more relaxed pace, a simpler cuisine using natural, local products
The Active Hotel Olympic offers you a holiday like no other and the chance to experience the enchantment of the Dolomites, UNESCO Natural Heritage, at its most authentic. Return to times gone by and a slower, more relaxed pace, a simpler cuisine using natural, local produce grown with passion by individuals who know and love every aspect of our very own Trentino. Wrapped in a magical atmosphere, lit by soft candlelight, we’ll pamper you and share with you the most precious treasures our region has to offer...
The programme includes:
• 1 candlelit evening with…
• Local mountain aperitif;
• Romantic dinner... bathed in candlelight, savour the intense natural aromas of our local products, creatively put together by our Chef using a variety of cooking styles;
• After dinner, retire to our bar lit by soft candlelight and lose yourself in tender dreamy piano music;
• Back in your room, a special surprise... the lights will be out and you’ll be lulled to sleep by the calm, relaxing flames of candlelight....